HOME / All COURSES
B.A.LL.B (5 years Full Time)
from one of the Best BA LLB Colleges in Kolkata
under University of Calcutta, approved by Bar Council of India
What is B.A. LLB?
Pursuing a career in law can be an emotionally satisfying and financially rewarding decision. The legal profession is fast-paced and the demand for qualified and experienced lawyers will always be there. The B.A. LLB is the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law, an integrated 5-year programme that covers the interdisciplinary study of arts subjects like History, Sociology, with the study of legislation.
Why choose to study at the George School of Law?
- The George School of Law is a unit of The George Telegraph Group having more than 98 years of strong tradition in providing education and training in India. It offers a 5-year full-time B.A.LL.B programme that is affiliated with The University of Calcutta, and approved by the Bar Council of India.
- The Geroge School of Law has a well-equipped sprawling campus with an in-house library, moot court, and other facilities. With a dedicated and learned faculty, it offers the best value for your investment in education. The college is known for its well-constituted Advisory Board.
What does the B.A. LLB course teach you?
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Administrative Law
- Comparative Law
- Political Science
- Legal Method
- Advocacy Skills
- Constitutional Law
- Election Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Banking Law and Insurance Law
- Contract Law
What jobs can you get with a B.A. LLB?
- Legal Secretary: You can get a job as a legal secretary at a law firm and excel in this if you have an eye for detail, in-depth legal knowledge, and good communication skills. You will review correspondence, conduct research, make appointments, screen calls, take dictation, and prepare case files.
- Law Clerk: You will be an assistant to a lawyer or judge and specialize in specific legal areas like corporate law or tax law. You will be responsible for research and writing, drafting legal documents, preparing pleadings, writing briefs, memorandums, etc.
- Legal Associate/Advisor: You will be supervised by lawyers and help senior lawyers with legal and professional matters. You must have the expertise to work in different departments like tax, corporate law, and real estate.
- Litigation Lawyer:You will be involved in different stages of any legal dispute and you will be expected to understand what is to be done for settling it. You must conduct research, interact with clients, prepare for proceedings in court, and present arguments in court.
- Criminal Lawyer: You will be expected to handle criminal cases, representing either businesses or individuals.
- Legal Analyst: As an employee of a law firm, you must research and analyze legal documents. You must make use of legal research tools for gathering data about a company’s legal duties and analyze these and communicate their implications and risks to the management.
- Company Secretary: You will be accountable for the smooth functioning of a company, ensure legal compliance, and oversee the company’s administrative tasks. You may have to arrange board meetings, understand a company’s financial position and factors affecting this, manage its administrative duties, maintain corporate records and share registers, and ensure that all statutory duties are fulfilled.
- Legal Advisor: You will advise business transactions relating to contracts, rights, and other legalities. You will protect and enforce clients’ rights and interests, and guide them about their future steps so that they understand the pros and cons of their actions.
- Judge: As one of the highest judicial authorities of the state appointed by the President of India, you will be responsible for protecting people’s rights. You will have to make sure everyone gets a fair trial and that no decision is influenced by politics, race, or religion.
- Paralegal: You have the license to work as part of a legal team for attorneys instead of directly for the client. So, your job will be to help the lawyer with the legal work. For this, you will be required to research, gather data about cases, develop legal documents like motions, complaints, or briefs, help with legal research, assist in client meetings, and take care of filing, scheduling, taking phone calls, etc.
How long is the B.A. LLB course?
The B.A. LLB course is for 5 years.
Who can enroll in the course?
The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination from an educational institution recognized by the educational authority of the Central or State Government.
What is the admission procedure?
The Admission to B.A. LL.B programme is made purely on merit as assessed through an admission test (Joint Entrance Test) conducted by the University of Calcutta. Candidates seeking qualification to the George School of Law should apply in the prescribed form which can be obtained in person or by writing to the University of Calcutta.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Total Fees||2.95 lacs|
|Time of Admission
(Admission + caution+ 1st semester fee)
| Rs. 60,000
(Admission Fees: Rs. 15,000 + 1st semester fee Rs. 40,000+ Caution Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 5,000)
*Will be taken at the time of admission*
|2nd Semester||Rs. 40,000|
|3rd Semester||Rs. 40,000|
|4th Semester||Rs. 40,000|
|5th Semester||Rs. 26,000|
|6th Semester||Rs. 26,000|
|7th Semester||Rs. 26,000|
|8th Semester||Rs. 26,000|
|9th Semester||Rs. 11,000|
Note: Course fee for one time payment: 2,70,000/-
Admission Brochure 2023
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
George School of Law
114, Grand Trunk Road, Konnagar
Hooghly - 712235.
Telephone: (033) 2674 0039 / 2674 0062 / 98301 22991 / 98366 11649.