You have all heard of “disruptive technology”, right? Disruptive technology isn’t really “disruptive” in a bad way. It simply indicates technologies that have revolutionized an industry.
Just like any other industry, the automobile industry has undergone major disruptions, with the advent of different tech devices from time to time. Whether it’s driverless cars or high-end anti-theft products, the automobile world is fast-paced and constantly witnessing new inventions.
Let us take a look at some of the most “disruptive” technologies to have taken the auto world by storm:
- Diagnostic apps: Did you know that you can now buy a small diagnostic gadget and plug this into an outlet under the dashboard to test whether your vehicle is running optimally? This tiny gadget is wireless and can connect to your phone directly. It gives you all the information you need to see if your car engine is operating as expected. Simply download the reports and show these to a mechanic for repairs when needed; that’s how easy it is!
- Anti-theft GPS devices: You will find many vehicles with built-in GPS technology to prevent thefts. If not, simply get your mechanic to set this up for you! With this chip, you are protected in case thieves try to steal your car. All you have to do is check the app on your laptop or phone and locate the missing car.
- Dash cameras: These are the perfect accessories to maximize safety while keeping a watch on your assets. For instance, a regular truck camera system not only reduces the chance of collision but also allows fleet managers to view real-time road conditions.
- Electric Assist Motors: You must have heard of electric-assist cars; these are nothing but ingenious engines having electric motors or gas-powered motors which work in sync to offer the best possible MPG. This hybrid technology allows you to choose between using electric or gas motors.
- Inter-car communication: Cars are already connected to the web and soon enough, they will be able to communicate with each other too. Such communications can prevent the chances of collisions, something that has been unavoidable thus far because of human errors. So, even before an accident happens, the inter-car communication system foresees it and alerts the driver accordingly. You can respond instantly and avoid the collision.
- Dashboard displays: Future vehicles will be fitted with AR dashboard displays making your dashboard resemble a video game. AR displays will provide you with any information that you require to know about the car, road conditions, whether you are approaching another vehicle, and how to avoid accidents.
- Automated parking systems: If you have always had cold feet about parking your car, you are going to love this one! Parktronic systems are already there to locate parking spaces but new infrastructure is likely to be developed that will allow you to simply drop off your car at the gate. The car will then find its own space for parking. When you want to drive again, all you have to do is tap on the app and the car gets the signal to head back to you!
- 3D gesture technology: Can you imagine controlling a car simply with a gesture of your hand? It’s an innovation that is expected to provide you with the power to control your vehicle with hand gestures, almost magically. This is not only going to make driving simpler but also far safer. Instead of getting distracted to take calls or change the radio channels, you can now use your hand to do all of that without having to take your eyes off the road.
The automotive industry is all set to embrace these new disruptive tech innovations; are you ready for these too? It will probably take you a while to get used to these, but you can be sure of a much smoother and safer driving experience than ever before!