HOME / All COURSES
Master's Degree in Optometry
affiliated to MAKAUT, Govt. of WB (formally known as WBUT)
What is a Master's Degree in Optometry?
If you want to become an eye care specialist, you should consider pursuing a Master’s degree in Optometry. You will have the knowledge and expertise to help patients having eye-related problems. A Master’s degree in optometry focuses on clinical practice, research, and management skills. As an optometrist, you will examine patients to estimate refractive errors, detect and treat common eye diseases, manage binocular vision problems, study case histories, test the front and back of the eye, check for eye pressure and colour vision, etc.
An optometrist can also conduct special clinics on Contact Lens, Paediatric and Public Health Optometry.
What will a Master’s Degree in Optometry teach you?
- Applied Optometric Optics
- Advanced ophthalmic diagnostic procedures & instrumentation
- Epidemiology and Community Optometry
- Research Methodology & Biostatistics
- Business Aspects in Optometry
- Applied clinical optometry
- Advanced contact lens practice
- Geriatric Optometry & Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Ocular Diseases & Therapeutics
- Paediatric Optometry and Binocular Vision
- Recent advances in Optometry
- Occupational Optometry
What can you do with a Master’s Degree in Optometry?
- Optometrist: You will be responsible for checking and examining patients’ vision, treating their eye problems, and providing corrective glasses.
- Clinic: You can open your own clinic to offer optometrist services to clients.
- Optometry Technician: You work under an eye doctor, assist him, and look after the office to make sure it runs smoothly. You may have to perform eye tests and other preliminary tests.
- Lab Technician: You can be a laboratory technician if researching or working in laboratories excites you. You will supervise tests, and reports, keep records of patients, and document records.
- Sales Executive
- Administration Executive
- Medical Representative
- Medical Lab Technician
- Optometry Researcher
- Vision Consultant
- Marketing Executive in MNCs
- Pursue higher education
How long is the course?
A Master's Degree in Optometry is a 2-year, full-time post-graduation course divided into 4 semesters, with sufficient emphasis on field projects for building practical experience.
Who can enroll in the course?
Any student who has passed a Bachelor's Degree in Optometry is eligible for admission.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are according to norms laid down by MAKAUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 45,000/-||Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 300/-|
(Caution deposit is refundable after completion of the course).
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
George College of Management & Science
Budge Budge Trunk Road, Chalkmir, Maheshtala
Kolkata - 700141.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9874211112