HOME / All COURSES
P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling
P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling from one of the leading PG Diploma in Psychological Counselling Colleges in Kolkata,
affiliated to MAKAUT, Govt. of WB (formally known as WBUT)
What is Psychological Counselling?
If you are keen to help people experiencing psychological distress in some form or the other and promote their overall well-being, you can opt for a post-graduate diploma in psychological counselling. Mental health disorders are a growing cause of concern worldwide, and in India as well.
Whether it's anxiety disorders, depression, mood swings, eating disorders, addiction, or suicidal thoughts, people need psychological counselling to identify and treat these conditions. Counseling psychologists will help patients understand their strengths and find ways to cope with such challenges and adversities.
A Diploma in Psychological Counselling will develop your practical and theoretical ability to detect the problem areas and undertake intervention programs to enable people to cope with these.
What will a P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling teach you?
- Introduction to Human Behaviour and Psychology
- Introduction to Counseling
- Areas and Models of Counseling
- Introduction to Psychopathology
- Basic Assessment Techniques in Counseling and Entrepreneurship Training with Legal Guidelines & Personality Development
What can you do with a P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling?
- Certified Counselor: You can work able to work in hospitals, and mental health clinics, and assist any psychiatrist/psychologist/psychiatric social workers
- Schools and academic institutions
- Rehabilitation centers
- NGOs: Here, you can work with adolescents and children, special populations, and the elderly
- School Counsellor
- Learning Counsellor
- Mariage Counsellor/Family Counsellor
- Career Counsellor
- Industrial setups/corporate houses
- Pursue higher studies to get an Advanced Diploma or specialized certificates in different areas of counselling
How long is this course?
The P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling is a 1-year diploma programme under MAKAUT University (formerly WBUT). There is a lot of emphasis on field projects and internship programs for building practical experience.
Who can enroll in this course?
Graduates in any discipline can apply to this course, and a background in Psychology is not mandatory.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are according to norms laid down by MAKAUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
(before class begin)
(after 6 months)
|Rs. 8,500/-||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs 32,500/- (Excluding Examination Fees)|
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
The Gayatri Chetna Foundation, Narendrapur
Narendrapur - 700103.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9831369322