HOME / All COURSES
Certificate Course in Psychological Assessment
What is Psychological Assessment?
With the growing need of psychological services in the present scenario, people are opting for psychological services like psychometric testing, personality assessment, career assessment, IQ assessment and other psychological profiling. The course will provide professionals proper training on how to use the psychological assessment tools and preparing reports. Psychological assessments will provide enormous power for clinicians or practitioners in diagnosing and planning the treatment.
What will this course teach you?
Some of the subjects which are taught in Psychological Assessment course are
- Introduction to Psychological Assessment
- Legal Aspect of Psychological Assessment
- Assessment of Intelligence & Childhood Disorder
- Assessment of Personality & Interpersonal Relationship
- Assessment of Mental Health & Mental Disorders
- Assessment of interest and aptitude
- Career Selection Test
What can you do after this course?
Candidates who have successfully completed their training in psychological assessment will be able to conduct assessments and make reports and work in:
- Mental Health Clinics
- Assist any counselling Psychologist / Psychiatric social workers
- Schools or Academic Institutes including Special Schools
- Rehabilitation center
- NGOs working with children, adolescent, elderly or special population
- Industrial set-ups or corporate houses
- Engage in individual entrepreneurship and
- Pursue higher studies
The Department arranges for internship for all the students. Internships can be done in mental health clinics, schools, rehab centre and others.
Students will be provided internships from institutes like Institute of Psychiatry (IOP), SSKM, M’s Clinic, SHIRC, Swapnopuron Siksha NIketan, Mind’s Eye Cllinic, Paripurnata Rehabilitation Home, Anubhav Positive Psychology Clinic etc.
How long is the course?
The certificate course in Psychological Assessment is a 6 months course under MAKAUT University (Formerly known as WBUT).
Who can enroll in the course?
Any candidate who has successfully completed their graduation or masters in psychology or allied disciplines with a minimum of 40% in all subjects and overall, is eligible to enrol for this course.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are according to norms laid down by MAKAUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Rs. 8,500/-||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs 20,500/- (Excluding Examination Fees)|
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
The Gayatri Chetna Foundation, Narendrapur
Narendrapur - 700103.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9830359049