HOME / All COURSES
Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management
from one of the Best Sports Management Colleges in Kolkata, India
under West Bengal University of Technology currently known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
What is a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management?
If you have a passion for sports and want to be involved in an industry that shows signs of spectacular growth in the future, a career in sports management can be most fulfilling. Professional sports management will not only boost the growth of the sports industry but also of the individual sportsman. Sports bodies are continuously under the media scanner and it’s essential that they conform to regulatory bodies. This increases the demand for professional managers.
What does a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management teach you?
- Management theory and business principles and their applications to the study of sport
- Financial management and marketing
- Facility planning and design
- Operations and human resource development and policy development explored along with commercial aspects of sports, including advertising, product endorsement, and other forms of sponsorship
- Hands-on exposure in field activities like basics of coaching, Emergency Procedures, and CPR on ground
- Sports Nutrition
- Media management
- Event planning,
- Communication skills, public speaking, and familiarity with computers
- Organization & Management in sports
- Foundation of Amateur and Professional Sports
- Principles of Management
- English Language & Communication
- Sports Managerial accounting
- Sports Coaching Methodology
- Contemporary Issues in Sports
- Sports Strength and Conditioning
- Basics of Sports Medicine
- Sociology of Sports
- Sports Law and Risk Management
- Leadership Principles in Sports
- Sports Facilities Management,
- Spectator Management
- Sports Federation Participation
What can you do with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management?
- Marketing job: You can create marketing campaigns for sports teams and engage fans; you can promote specific products or services for them, like apparel, souvenirs, etc. As a sports marketing manager, you can develop business partners and attract sponsors for events.
- Sales job: You will be responsible for designing, promoting, and selling different sports-related products for teams and fans. You have to find new target markets, create sales plans, and manage distributors, and customer relations.
- Coaching: You have to lead, direct, control, and support sports teams, help athletes improve their performances, manage sports events like practice sessions, recruit new players, motivate teams, teach athletes skills like teamwork, etc.
- Event coordination: You must plan, organize, and prepare details of sports teams for events and tournaments. This includes scheduling sports facilities such as stadiums and locker rooms, managing teams’ supplies, equipment, and nutrition, and working on budgets and vendors for specific events.
- Athletic director: You will be responsible for managing all the facets of athletic programs at schools and universities, overseeing hiring, scheduling, training, budgeting, and promotion of the programs. You may have to coordinate sports events together with coaches and get funds for team expenses and coach salaries.
- Fitness manager: You have to manage teams of personal trainers for organizations, buy and sell equipment, hire and train recruits, plan employee schedules, and develop ideas for revenue growth.
- Sports agent: You will manage teams or individual contracts, business opportunities, financial investments, endorsements, and public appearances. You will be expected to offer advice about professional and financial prospects and network with sports professionals, travel to colleges and high schools to hire new players, and negotiate contracts.
Advisory support from
Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB), Indian Football Association(IFA) & Bengal Olympic Association.
How long is the course?
MAKAUT's Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management is a 3-year full-time course.
Who can enroll in the course?
To sign up for this, you must have passed the [10+2]examination and show a keen involvement in sports. Candidates selected will be required to demonstrate good presentation and language skills.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are according to the norms laid down by MAKAUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 300/-|
(Caution Deposit refundable after completion of the course).
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
136, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah
Kolkata - 700012.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9830504319
BBA in Sports Management