HOME / All COURSES
B.Sc in Medical Lab Technology
from one of the Best B.Sc Mlt Colleges in Kolkata
under West Bengal University of Technology currently known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
What is B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology?
If you have good research skills and the ability to complete tasks accurately, this may be a good career option for you. B.SC MLT is an undergraduate program under Allied Health Sciences; a paramedical course focusing on delivering theoretical and practical knowledge on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and medical conditions by using clinical laboratory tests. For this, it’s important to have an aptitude for science, a background in handling lab equipment, and the ability to use computers.
As a student, you will learn ways to identify and diagnose different diseases and treat these. You acquire the knowledge and expertise about data collection and sampling, testing, documentation, and reporting.
What does a course in B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology teach you?
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Health Education & Health Communication
- Clinical Haematology
- Histopathology & Histotechniques
- Microbiology, Immunology & Serology
What jobs can you get with a B.Sc MLT degree?
- Pharmaceutical Technician: Help pharmacists prepare prescription medications, working in drug stores, pharmacies, and outpatient clinics
- Chemistry technician: Assist chemical engineers to develop, manufacture, and test chemical products
- Medical Laboratory Technician: Conducts experiments and technical projects in medical labs, prepares samples for analysis, monitors procedures, and performs tests that help physicians to diagnose and treat diseases.
- Medical Technologist: Performs a variety of tests in clinical labs and is also referred to as a clinical laboratory scientist
- Senior Medical Technologist: Trains and supervises medical technicians on safety protocols and testing methods
- Laboratory Manager
- Research Associate
- Medical Record Technician
- Medical Officer
- Resident Medical Officer
- Associate Professor or Lecturer
- Lab Assistant
- Radiation Therapist: Administers radiation treatments to patients with cancers and other diseases, work with oncologists, medical physicists, and healthcare professionals to decide on the best treatment plan for patients
- Forensics Manager: Monitors drug and alcohol tests, screens patients with a history of substance abuse or mental illness, works with correctional facilities
- Forensic Analyst: Works with law enforcement agencies and police to identify suspects by examining and analyzing crime scene evidence
- Epidemiology Manager: Works with government officials and policymakers to prevent disease outbreak
- Environmental health and safety specialist: Responsible for protecting the environment, customers, and employees by ensuring that manufacturing companies conform to safe and sustainable practices
- Laboratory Director: Oversee operations inside the laboratory, hire and train employees, establish safety protocols, and ensures overall quality of tests for research
- Employment opportunities in hospitals, colleges, universities, pathological clinics, and blood donation centers
- Eligible for Master’s Degree courses/Ph.D after post-graduation
How long is B.Sc MLT?
MAKAUT's B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology is a 3-year, full-time course, divided into 6 semesters, and includes field projects for building practical experience.
What do you need to enroll in the course?
Any student who has passed the 10+2 with English and Science stream (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) is eligible for admission.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are according to the norms laid down by MAKAUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course in:
136, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah
Kolkata - 700012.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9830504319
The Gayatri Chetna Foundation, Narendrapur
Narendrapur - 700103.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9831369322