HOME / All COURSES
LL.B (3 years Full Time)
from one of the Best BA LLB Colleges in Kolkata
under University of Burdwan, approved by Bar Council of India
Why a 3-year LLB?
The 3-year full-time LLB course is the perfect career choice for candidates who wish to gain knowledge and expertise on core law subjects. It will prepare you for legal practice in the future. So, if you are looking for a rigorous legal education at a premier institute in Kolkata, you can choose to enroll in this course at George School of Law after completing your graduation.
Why should you consider studying LLB at the George School of Law?
- The George School of Law is a unit of The George Telegraph Group with over 98 years of strong tradition in providing education and training in India. It offers a 3-year full-time LL.B programme affiliated with The University of Burdwan. Besides the recognition, you will benefit from the state-of-the-art infrastructure at the college.
- The sprawling campus is well-equipped with an in-house library, moot court, and other facilities to give you the best value for your investment. It also boasts of a well-constituted Advisory Board and a highly dedicated faculty.
What does this course teach you?
It will educate you about the core law subjects and help you prepare for a future in this industry. It will make sure you can achieve personal standards of excellence as far as academics is concerned and will empower you to recognize your individual potential.
What can you do with a 3-year full-time LLB?
- Advocate: Working as a lawyer is the main reason why you want to pursue an LLB course. You get to become a public defendant, start your own legal practice, or work at the court.
- Legal Advisor: You can get hired by firms, banks, and private companies as an advisor where you are expected to offer counsel and simplify complex laws. NGOs and government organizations also employ legal advisors.
- Teacher:You can start teaching law courses at colleges and universities once you have a 3-year law degree.
- Legal Analyst: You get to work as an expert to detect the loopholes and trajectories of laws. You may work behind-the-scenes, but you must have a valid law license. As a legal analyst, your job will be to break down arguments to build coherent counter-arguments. You may have to write briefs and prepare legal documents for superiors.
- Legal Researcher: As a researcher, you will handle the heavy, strenuous research work behind cases. This work is critical even though its done in the shadows. High-stake cases typically nvolve an entire team of legal researchers who do all the hard work.
- Government Services: You will be able to take government exams to acquire government positions once you complete your LLB degree. You can appear for the Indian Legal Services examination to apply for different posts and get recruited by the Public Service Commission.
- Corporate Lawyer: Corporate firms employ the larges number of law graduates every year in any sector.
- Company Secretary: The combination of Company Secretaryship with LLB can be an extremely lucrative career option.
- Legal Writer: Legal writing isn’t easy and demands a lot of diligence and expertise. Even if you can argue well, you may not be adept at drafting necessary documents. Legal writers are needed in the Supreme Court and High Courts and are much in demand.
How long is the LLB course at George College?
It’s a 3-year full time course.
Who can enroll in the course?
The candidate should have completed a 10+2+3 education, recognized by the educational authorities of the Central or State Governments (As per the University norms).
What is the admission procedure?
Candidates seeking admission to the George School of Law should apply in the format prescribed as per the notification by the University of Burdwan.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Total Fees||Rs. 1.10 lacs|
|Time of Admission (one time, non refundable)||Rs. 50,000 (Admission fees+1st Year Fees)|
|Admission Fees||Rs. 20,000/-|
|1st Year||Rs. 30,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 30,000|
|3rd Year||Rs. 30,000|
* University Fees extra as applicable by the university from time to time
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course at:
George School of Law
114, Grand Trunk Road, Konnagar
Hooghly - 712235.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 6291818266