HOME / All COURSES
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Application
from one of the Best BCA Colleges in Kolkata, West Bengal
under West Bengal University of Technology currently known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
What is BCA?
Want a headstart in a career in information technology? The Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3-year undergraduate program focusing on software development and computer applications. As a BCA graduate, you gain expertise in web design, software testing and development, software programming, computer systems, and computer networking.
What will BCA teach you?
- Digital Electronics
- Business Systems and Applications
- Visual Basic
- PC Software
- Computer Architecture and Systems Software
- Information Systems Analysis & Design
- Programming with C
- English Language and Communication
- Data Structures with C & C++
- Internet and e-commerce
- Data Base Management System
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Software project management and quality assurance
- Data Communication & Computer Networks
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Windows Programming
- Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Advanced Unix
What can you do with a BCA degree?
- Technical Analyst: You can execute IT systems and processes to boost efficiency and introduce cost-effective technological applications.
- Data Scientist: With additional certifications like Big Data, data visualization, and predictive analysis, you can become a data scientist after completing a BBA.
- Web Developer: A solid career for BBA graduates that focuses on building and maintaining websites.
- Software Developer Trainee: You can get this entry-level job and learn how to create and maintain software applications, and get hands-on experience in programming languages.
- Banking Professional: As a BCA graduate, you can apply to banks and use your digital expertise, logical reasoning, and quantitative skills.
- E-commerce Executive: You are responsible for building and consolidating a company’s online presence.
- Cyber Security Expert: You are responsible for networking and using state-of-the-art software and tools for maintaining data security.
How long is the BCA course?
MAKAUT's Bachelor's Degree in Computer Application is a 3-year, full-time course.
The course is divided into 6 semesters with a range of specializations as elective subjects in the last semester.
The course includes field projects for building practical experience. .
What do you need to enroll for BCA?
You must have passed 10+2 with English and Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Application as a pass subject to be eligible for admission.
What is the admission procedure?
Admissions are as per the norms laid down by WBUT / Management of George Group of Colleges.
What are the fees for the course?
Fees for the course comprise:
|Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 300/-|
(Caution Deposit refundable after completion of the course).
Where can you Study the course?
You can study this course in:
136, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah
Kolkata - 700012.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9830504319
George College of Management & Science
Budge Budge Trunk Road, Chalkmir, Maheshtala
Kolkata - 700141.
Helpline - 033 4181 6622 / 6633
Mobile - 9874211112